From Terje Marthinussen <>
Subject Re: Fill disks more than 50%
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:31:41 GMT
 I am suggesting that your probably want to rethink your scheme design

> since partitioning by year is going to be bad performance since the
> old servers are going to be nothing more then expensive tape drives.

You fail to see the obvious....

It is just the fact that most of the data is stale that makes the question
interesting in the first place, and I would obviously not have asked if
there would be an I/O throughput problem in doing this.

Now, when that is said, we tested a repair on a set of nodes that was 70-80%
full and no luck. Ran out of disk :(

View raw message