From Aklin_81 <asdk...@gmail.com>
Subject Using a synchronized counter that keeps track of no of users on the application & using it to allot UserIds/ keys to the new users after sign up
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:03:00 GMT
Hi all,

To generate new keys/ UserIds for new users on my application, I am
thinking of using a simple synchronized counter that can keep track of
the no. of users registered on my application and when a new user
signs up, he can be allotted the next available id.

Since Cassandra is eventually consistent, Is this advisable to
implement with Cassandra, but then I could also use stronger
consistency level like quorum or all for this purpose.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggesttions..

Regards
Asil