From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Splitting a single row into multiple
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:49:45 GMT
AFAIK performance in the single row case will better. Multi get may require multiple seeks
and reads in an sstable,, verses obviously a single seek and read for a single row. Multiplied
by the number of sstables that contain row data.

Using the key cache would reduce the the seeks.

If it makes sense in your app do it. In general though try to model data so a single row read
gets what you need.

Aaron