From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Internal error processing insert
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:28:30 GMT
Will take a closer look at the code tonight, perhaps we should return an error if you try to
using Network Topology it cannot detect any DC's .

Cheers
Aaron

On 15 Feb, 2011,at 01:22 PM, mcasandra <mohitanchlia@gmail.com> wrote:

That's what I thought might be happening since network topology will try to
find one node on the other data center. Message is little confusing though.

[default@unknown] update keyspace twissandra
placement_strategy='org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy';
Syntax error at position 28: missing EOF at 'placement_strategy'
[default@unknown] update keyspace twissandra with
placement_strategy='org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy';
5c487967-3899-11e0-993f-b7fa7ed61af9
[default@unknown] use twissandra
... ;
Authenticated to keyspace: twissandra