From Daniel Doubleday <daniel.double...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Does variation in no of columns in rows over the column family has any performance impact ?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 19:03:58 GMT
It depends a little on your write pattern:

- Wide rows tend to get distributed over more sstables so more disk reads are necessary. This
will become noticeable when you have high io load and reads actually hit the discs.
- If you delete a lot slice query performance might suffer: extreme example: create 2M cols,
delete the first 1M and then ask for the first 10.