From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: How can I implement text based searching for the data/entities/items stored in Cassandra ?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:08:56 GMT
You can use:
http://code.google.com/p/kundera/ to search text.
it provides a way to search by any key over Cassandra. I guess, nothing inbuilt is in place
for this.

Vivek

From: rajkumar.w93@gmail.com [rajkumar.w93@gmail.com] on behalf of Aklin_81 [asdkl93@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 February 2011 17:27
To: user
Subject: How can I implement text based searching for the data/entities/items stored in Cassandra
?

I would like to text search for some of Entities/items stored in the
database through an AJAX powered application...Such that the user
starts typing and he can get the hints & suggested items. This is
implemented in SQL databases using the LIKE, is it possible to anyhow
implement this in an application powered by cassandra ?

How do I go forward to implement this feature, very much required for my case?

Would I have to consider a MySQL DB for implementing this particular
feature there, and rest in Cassandra ?

Thanks
-Asil

Impetus to Present Big Data -- Analytics Solutions and Strategies at TDWI World Conference
(Feb 13-18) in Las Vegas.We are also bringing cloud experts together at CloudCamp, Delhi on
Feb 12. CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies
exchange ideas.

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more.

or interference.