From William R Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema Design Question : Supercolumn family or just a Standard column family with columns containing serialized aggregate data?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:49:01 GMT
Any time I see/hear "a single row containing all ..." I get nervous. That single
row is going to reside on a single node. That is potentially a lot of load
(don't know the system) for that single node. Why wouldn't you split it by at
least user? If it won't be a lot of load, then why are you using Cassandra? This
seems like something that could easily fit into an SQL/relational style DB. If
it's too much data (millions of users, 100s of millions of reminders) for a
standard SQL/relational model, then it's probably too much for a single row.

I'm not familiar with the TTL functionality of Cassandra... sorry cannot
help/comment there, still learning :-)

Yea, my $0.02 is that this is an effective way to leverage super columns.

Bill-