From <Jeremy.Truel...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Seeds
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:30:11 GMT
Yeah I set the tokens, I'm more asking if I start the first seed node with autobootstrap set
to false the second seed should have it set to true as well as all the slave nodes correct?
I didn't see this in the docs but I may have just missed it.

From: Eric Gilmore [mailto:eric@datastax.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:24 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple Seeds

The DataStax documentation offers some answers to those questions in the Getting Started<http://www.datastax.com/dev/tutorials/getting_started_0.7/configuring#adding-nodes-to-a-cassandra-cluster>
section and the Clustering<http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/operations/clustering#adding-capacity>
reference docs.

Autobootstrap should be true, but with the important caveat that intial_token values should
be specified.  Have a look at those docs, and please give feedback on how helpful they are/aren't.

Regards,

Eric Gilmore

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:15 AM, <Jeremy.Truelove@barclayscapital.com<mailto:Jeremy.Truelove@barclayscapital.com>>