From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Async write
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:31:23 GMT
Sorry, was typing faster than my brain was working.

I was trying to say at the higher level the request would block for the write operations in
other DC's to complete. As you say.

That was the ticket I was thinking of.

Thanks
Aaron

On 21 Feb, 2011,at 01:19 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> > On 19/02/2011, at 10:24 AM, Anthony John <chirayithaj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fact as i understand them:-
> > - A write call to db triggers a number of async writes to all nodes where
> > the particular write should be recorded (and the nodes are up per Gossip and
> > so on)
> > - Once desired CL number of writes acknowledge - the call returns
>
> AFAIK the write across the dc is sync as well.

Anthony was correct: writes are asynchronous at the lowest level, and
then we pick which to block for based on CL

> I think there I'd a ticket out there to make them asnc, take a look at Jira.

You may be thinking of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1530, which was
completed for 0.7.1 but didn't change a/sync behavior.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra