From Prasanna Jayapalan <>
Subject RE: Is Cassandra suitable for my problem?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:47:29 GMT
Hi Alexandru,

   We @ EvidentSoftware ( have a monitoring
solution  that is storing timeseries information in Cassandra and also
neo4j. Check this blogpost
Can you share more details about your use case, so we can give you some

*From:* Alexandru Dan Sicoe []
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:45 PM
*Subject:* Is Cassandra suitable for my problem?

I'm currently doing my masters project. I need to store lots of time series
data of any type (String, int, booleans, arrays of the previous) with a high
writing rate(20MBytes/sec -> 170TBytes/year - note not running continuously)
but less strict read requirements. This is monitoring data from a vast
distributed network. The queries will be something like: give me this data
between Time1 and Time2.

The hardware that I have available is between 2 and 5 hosts.

                   Should I use Cassandra?

                   Suggestions of how to structure the data? (I read
Cloudkick's blog but I
found that it doesn't give too much detail)

Any help is much appreciated,

View raw message