From buddhasystem <potek...@bnl.gov>
Subject Will the large datafile size affect the performance?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:51:41 GMT

I know that theoretically it should not (apart from compaction issues), but
maybe somebody has experience showing otherwise:

My test cluster now has 250GB of data and will have 1.5TB in its
reincarnation. If all these data is in a single CF -- will it cause read or
write performance problems? Should I "shard" it? One advantage of splitting
the data would be reducing the impact of compaction and repairs (or so I
naively assume).

TIA

Maxim