From mcasandra <>
Subject Health of the cluster
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:40:14 GMT

I have just started setting up Hector. I have 2 node cluster running in
"foreground" for my test so that I can watch everything. One big question
came to my mind that as I increase the cluster how do I verify the health of
the cluster. How do I see that it is all good.

 Since I am new I can't quantify from what I mean by in good health. But I
guess what I mean is that key distributions are fine.

CF levels are being maintained for the keys.

Check consistency, how many stale or old object versions are sitting around.

Also, do I need to repair/cleanup anything etc.

I have been using Oracle so far so in Oracle for instance I look at ADDM/AWR
report or internal tables (dba*) tables that will give more insight.

Here things become more complicated because of RF, hinted hand off etc.
Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message