From Roland Gude <>
Subject AW: cassandra solaris x64 support
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:21:00 GMT
This is a problem with the start scripts, not with Cassandra itself (or any of its configuration)
The shell you are using cannot start the cassandra shell script.

#bash bin/cassandra -f

As far as I know, it should work fine. Actually it should work with sh as well...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Xiaobo Gu []
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Februar 2011 16:12
Betreff: Re: cassandra solaris x64 support

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Jonathan Ellis <> wrote:
> The vast majority run on Linux, but there are a few people running
> Cassandra on Solaris, FreeBSD, and Windows.
But I failed to start the one node test cluster,
# sh bin/cassandra -f
bin/cassandra: syntax error at line 22: `MAX_HEAP_SIZE=$' unexpected

My environemnt is as follwoing:
# more /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 16 September 2009

# java -fullversion
java full version "1.6.0_23-b05"
# java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

I changed initial_token:0