From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Data ends up in wrong Columnfamily
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:37:12 GMT
Not heard of that before, chances are it's a problem in your code. Does machine A even know
the other CF name? Can you log the batch mutations you are sending? When it appears in the
other CF is the data complete?

There is also a Hector list, perhaps they can help.

Aaron

On 10/02/2011, at 11:58 PM, Roland Gude <roland.gude@yoochoose.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i am experiencing a strange issue. I have two applications writing to Cassandra (in different
Column families in the same keyspace). The applications reside on different machines and know
nothing about the existence of each other.

> The both produce data and write it in Cassandra with batch mutations using hector.
>
> So far so good, but it regularly happens, that data from one application ends up in columnfamilies
reserved for the other application as well as the intended columnfamily.

> Machine A writes to column family CF_A
>
> Machine B writes to column families CF_B to CF_N
>

> Regularly data that was written (According to my application logs) from Machine A to
CF_A ends up in CF_A and in one of the other columnfamilies.