From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException in CompactionExecutor
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:35:22 GMT
The work around is to disable saving caches, as they may not be correctly saved. However you
do not have access to change the settings for the system CFs. I imagine it may only be an
issue if a node is rebooted as it may load stale caches.

I think it's windows only as the function used to rename the saved cache says it has different
operation on different OS's http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/File.html#renameTo(java.io.File) and
there seems to be a number of people complaining about the behavior on windows.

On my ubuntu desktop I ran a test where a user CF safes it's caches every 5 seconds and all
was well.

32bit Win XP (sp3) may not fall into the list of supported OS's for cassandra, but we may
confirm how it works on a more modern Windows version.

Let me when you have created the bug.

Thanks

Aaron