All of the times I have had similar issues the problem has always been misconfigured iptables. You said it was running fine on 0.6.8 though?
On the same box or a different box?

On Dec 1, 2010, at 6:29 AM, Joshua Partogi wrote:

Hi there,

I just downloaded cassandra 0.7rc1. I started it using bin/cassandra without making any configuration changes.

I then tried to connect using the CLI with command like this:

foo@ubuntu:~/Applications/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-rc1$ bin/cassandra-cli
Welcome to cassandra CLI.

Type 'help' or '?' for help. Type 'quit' or 'exit' to quit.
[default@unknown] connect localhost/9160;
Exception connecting to localhost/9160. Reason: Connection refused.

Why am I getting connection refused? I didn't experience this with cassandra 0.6.8.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Joshua.

--