Since no reply came in afew days, I tried my proposed steps and it all worked fine.

Just to let you know.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Utku Can Topçu <utku@topcu.gen.tr> wrote:
 Hi All,

I'm currently not happy with the hardware and the operating system of our 4-node cassandra cluster. I'm planning to move the cluster to a different hardware/OS architecture.

For this purpose I'm planning to bring up 4 new nodes, so that each node will be a replacement of another node in the current cluster. I would also like to note that the IP adresses will be also changing.

As far as I remember, cassandra had been causing problems when there was an IP change back in version 0.6?

So what steps should I take to achieve this?

Will s straight forward approach like this work?,
* drain all nodes
* copy the data files to new hosts
* change configration, seeds, datadir, tokens etc...
* bring up the cluster

Regards,
Utku