Hi Aaron,

Thanks, that helped and it works.

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

From: Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
Subject: Re: How to shutdown Cassandra?
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 12:18 PM

There is no "shutdown" command in cassandra, it's designed to be stopped by killing it.

The pid file is created by the *nix scripts and is not supported by the cassandra.bat file for windows.

There have been a couple of discussions on running cassandra as a service under windows...

Hope that helps.
Aaron