From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: Newbie question about connecting to a cassandra server from another server using Fauna
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:15:21 GMT
You can run the cassandra-cli from any machine. If you run it from the same machine as your
ruby code it's a reliable way to check you can connect to the cluster.

ok, next set of questions....

- what version of cassandra are you using ? Is it 0.7?
- what require did you run ? was it require 'cassandra/0.7' ? see the Usage section for

  Cassandra 0.7 defaults to frames transport, 0.6 does not.