From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to shutdown Cassandra?
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:18:57 GMT
There is no "shutdown" command in cassandra, it's designed to be stopped by killing it.

The pid file is created by the *nix scripts and is not supported by the cassandra.bat file
for windows.

There have been a couple of discussions on running cassandra as a service under windows..
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg01765.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg04021.html
http://coderjournal.com/2010/06/run-cassandra-as-a-windows-service/

Hope that helps.