From Shu Zhang <szh...@mediosystems.com>
Subject RE: read repair across datacenters?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 18:46:44 GMT
I see, thank you. So that feature is coming. Any idea if the same will be true for local_quorum?
That is, if a read repair will happen in the background for all nodes including nodes in other
datacenters?
From: Jonathan Ellis [jbellis@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 6:59 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: read repair across datacenters?

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Shu Zhang <szhang@mediosystems.com> wrote:
> Brandon, for a read with quorum CL, a response is returned to the client after half (rounded
up) the replica nodes responds. Do you mean that those half are RR'ed before the response
is returned to the client and the other half RR'ed asynchronously? Or is it that the other
half of replicas are not RR'ed?

the data to each replica (assuming they have old data)? This is to reduce the amount of network
traffic between datacenters.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra