From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: unable to start cassandra-0.7r2
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:23:25 GMT
Can you provide the full log messages so we can see where they are logged from and if there
are any other messages as well.

It's probably a problem finding the config file or an invalid config file.

Aaron

On 14/12/2010, at 4:02 AM, Liangzhao Zeng <liangzhao.zeng@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use VM argument to specify the configuration file
> -Dstorage-config=/Users/zlzhao/Documents/eclipse/MaaSWorkspace/cassandra-0.7r2/test/conf/
-Dcassandra-foreground  -ea -Xmx1G
> By the way, I can run the 0.66 using by following the wikipage. Do we need more configuration
in order to run 0.7?

> Cheers,
> Liangzhao
>
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:02 AM, shimi <shimi.k@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen this error in 0.6.x when I was missing the cash directory configuration.
> Maybe you are missing something in your configuration.
>
> Shimi
>

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> I've seen that before when cassandra.yaml file cannot be found or is corrupted. It may
be that eclipse is not starting cassandra with the current working directory set as you think
it is. Sorry, cannot help much with eclipse.

> There are a couple of places where that message can be logged. One is from the AbstractCassandraDaemon
and the other is from the DatabaseDescriptor. Where is your's coming from?