From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Map-Reduce
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 23:39:32 GMT
I created to explore doing that - it would seem like a reasonable thing to do with a batch/analytic/MR
operation.  You might chime in to explain your use case on the ticket.

On Dec 3, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Sanjay Acharya wrote:

> We are in the process of evaluating Cassandra for our needs and we expect to use parallelism
for analytics on collected data. The following BLOG mentions that
> Cassandra's Map-Reduce support does not support multiple column families http://allthingshadoop.com/2010/04/24/running-hadoop-mapreduce-with-cassandra-nosql/
>
> Has the same proven to be a challenge or blockers for those using the Map-Reduce functionality?
Please share your experience. Also are there plans to support multiple column family map-reduce
functionality?