From Colin Vipurs <zodiac...@gmail.com>
Subject Triggering Major Compaction
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:37:47 GMT
We've had our small cluster successfully running in production for ~6
weeks now with everything working beautifully.  Over the weekend I
noticed the load on 2 boxes shoot up to 5-6x that of the others and
after kicking off a major compaction the load has come back down to
normal.  What procedure should be used for triggering major
compaction? I'm sure I read somewhere that just cron'ing it to run on
a regular schedule isn't such a good idea, but it looks like something
we're going to have to do.

Is anyone else hitting this and what are you doing?

--
Maybe she awoke to see the roommate's boyfriend swinging from the
chandelier wearing a boar's head.

Something which you, I, and everyone else would call "Tuesday", of course.