From Mayank Mishra <mayank...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to integrate Cassandra with Hadoop
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:31:02 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Cassandra with Hadoop. I tried with Cassandra 0.7
rc3 trunk, but failed to do so with following exception,

*java.lang.ClassCastException: [B cannot be cast to java.nio.ByteBuffer
        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType.compare(BytesType.java:29)*

I tried with another branch [1] of Cassandra 0.7 rc3
But it failed with following exception,
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.nio.HeapByteBuffer cannot be cast to [B

My mapper looks like,
MyMapper extends Mapper<ByteBuffer, SortedMap<ByteBuffer, IColumn>, Text,
FloatWritable>

Can some one help me to resolve this issue.

With regards,
Mayank

[1]. http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7