From Daniel Lundin <...@eintr.org>
Subject Re: Quorum: killing 1 out of 3 server kills the cluster (?)
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:50:45 GMT
Quorum is really only useful when RF > 2, since the for a quorum to
succeed RF/2+1 replicas must be available.

This means for RF = 2, consistency levels QUORUM and ALL yield the same result.

/d

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Timo Nentwig <timo.nentwig@toptarif.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've 3 servers running (0.7rc1) with a replication_factor of 2 and use quorum for writes.
But when I shut down one of them UnavailableExceptions are thrown. Why is that? Isn't that
the sense of quorum and a fault-tolerant DB that it continues with the remaining 2 nodes and
redistributes the data to the broken one as soons as its up again?