From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Insertion batch stoping for some reason at 100 records
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:47:28 GMT
> Hi i'm using Cassandra 0.6.8 and Fauna, I'm running a batch to populate my db and for
some reason every time it gets to a 100 records it stops no error report or anything apparently
it keeps storing but every time I count the number of records it stays in a hundred, it is
updating two Column Families and one is updating fine.

> any ideas?? this is driving me crazy!!!

It sounds like you're counting columns with a maximum row count of 100
when you're testing how many have been inserted. The cost of counting
rows is similar to the cost of retrieving them, so counts are subject
to the same limits as regular retrievals. You cannot efficiently
perform a count, but if you're willing to take the cost you can submit
a count with a very high count limit in order to get the actual full
count.

--
/ Peter Schuller