From Joshua Partogi <joshua.j...@gmail.com>
Subject How do you implement pagination?
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:01:55 GMT
Hi all,

I am interested to see people's way to do record pagination with cassandra
because I can not find anything like MySQL LIMIT in cassandra.

>From what I understand you need to tell cassandra the Record ID for the
beginning of the slice and the number of record you want to get after that
Record. I am using UUID instead of Long for the Record ID.

My question is, how does your application get the next Record ID after the
current slice that is displayed on the page?
Let's say I want to display record 1-10, do I actually grab 11 records but
only display 10 records and only keep the ID of the 11th records so I can
use it for pagination?

Sorry if the question is a bit obscured, but I am still figuring out how to
do pagination.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Joshua.