From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Unstable cassandra - , Cannot allocate memory
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:37:45 GMT
> This is a crash with Cassandra 0.7.0-beta3 but I am pretty sure I also have got this on
a rc1 server too ( We are dropping and recreating keyspaces when this happens)

> I do have the JNA enabled but it looks like it is still calling an external program –
presumably this would cause it to ask for the same memory as the parent process and hence
die?

Yes. Either enable overcommit in the Linux kernel, or use a
sufficiently new cassandra with working JNA to avoid use of fork+exec
for running ln.

(I forget when the change wen in so not sure whether beta3/rc1 is
recent enough for the ln fix.)

--
/ Peter Schuller