From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak with Sun Java 1.6 ?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:11:52 GMT
>> For debugging purposes you may want to switch Cassandra to "standard"
>> IO mode instead of mmap. This will have a performance-penalty, but the
>> virtual/resident sizes won't be polluted with mmap():ed data.
>
> Already did so. It *seems* to run more stable, but it's still far off from being stable.

Sorry, that was written under confusion. I meant for the original
poster and his monitoring of virtual/resident memory and the fact that
he seemed to have a legitimate OS level out of memory condition. In
other words, I recommend that to the OP just to remove one variable in
terms of monitoring what is consuming memory.

--
/ Peter Schuller