From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can super column family use column_metadata?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 01:42:12 GMT
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Donal Zang <zangds@ihep.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using 0.7.0-rc1,and when I use cassandra-cli to create a column family
> with metadata, I got "null",and no column family is created.
> The command I use is:
>
> create keyspace test;
> use test;
> create column family test1 with column_type = 'Super' and comparator =
> 'LongType' and column_metadata =[{column_name:a,validation_class:LongType}];

Looks like a bug in the CLI:

> And also the examples gived by "help create column family;" won't work!

The first two work fine for me.  The third has an column name that
conflicts with the comparator definition; I've fixed that in r1043274.
 This works:

create column family Foo with comparator=UTF8Type and
column_metadata=[{ column_name:test, validation_class:IntegerType,
index_type:0, index_name:TextIdx}, { column_name:'other name',
validation_class:LongType }];

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra