From Thibaut Britz <thibaut.br...@trendiction.com>
Subject Re: Quorum: killing 1 out of 3 server kills the cluster (?)
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:44:17 GMT
Hi,

The UnavailableExceptions  will be thrown because quorum of size 2
needs at least 2 nodes to be alive (as for qurom of size 3 as well).

The data won't be automatically redistributed to other nodes.

Thibaut

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Timo Nentwig <timo.nentwig@toptarif.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've 3 servers running (0.7rc1) with a replication_factor of 2 and use quorum for writes.
But when I shut down one of them UnavailableExceptions are thrown. Why is that? Isn't that
the sense of quorum and a fault-tolerant DB that it continues with the remaining 2 nodes and
redistributes the data to the broken one as soons as its up again?