From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read repair across datacenters?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:02:32 GMT
That is part of 982.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Shu Zhang <szhang@mediosystems.com> wrote:
> I see, thank you. So that feature is coming. Any idea if the same will be true for local_quorum?
That is, if a read repair will happen in the background for all nodes including nodes in other
datacenters?

(rounded up) the replica nodes responds. Do you mean that those half are RR'ed before the
response is returned to the client and the other half RR'ed asynchronously? Or is it that
the other half of replicas are not RR'ed?

the data to each replica (assuming they have old data)? This is to reduce the amount of network
traffic between datacenters.