From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read Latency Degradation
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:09:37 GMT
On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Peter Schuller
<peter.schuller@infidyne.com> wrote:
> I started a page on the wiki that still needs improvement,
> specifically for concerns relating to running large nodes:
>
>   http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/LargeDataSetConsiderations
>
> I haven't linked to it from anywhere yet, pending adding various JIRA
> ticket references + give people a chance to object if any information
> is misleading.
>
> --
> / Peter Schuller

I will definitely contribute to this page. There are two far extremes
in use cases. On one side some use Cassandra like a "persistent
memcache" on small datasets and get very high throughput, on the other
end we have people using it for much larger datasets as a
supplement/replacement to RDBMS.