From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak with Sun Java 1.6 ?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:36:24 GMT
> If it helps, I also found quite a few of these in the logs
>
> org.apache.cassandra.db.UnserializableColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find cfId=224101
>
> However a single cassandra instance locally (OSX, 1.6.0_22, mmap) runs just perfect for
> hours. No exceptions, no OOM.

Given that these exceptions show up on the receiving end of inter-node
communication, I think it sounds reasonable that you don't see it on a
local instance. Given that the inter-node communication triggers the
bug by concurrent use of the ByteBuffer:s - that trigger point would
no longer exist on a local node.

--
/ Peter Schuller