From Nate McCall <n...@riptano.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc3
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2010 05:55:14 GMT
RPMs are available via rpm.riptano.com

There have been a few more changes to the package structure since rc2,
primarily to bring the Riptano RPM in-line with the spec file included
in the source tree (see below for details). This should be the last
round of naming and version changes - apologies for any
inconveniences.

As with any package, you should test this thoroughly on your own
infrastructure before deploying into production.

Changes:
- Package name is now "apache-cassandra"
  * Obsoletes "cassandra07"
  * Conflicts 0.6.x versions named "cassandra" (which should be
removed - data directories will remain intact when you do)
- ulimit for unlimited memlock will be added to
/etc/security/limits.d/cassandra.conf
- default configuration file copies are now located in
/etc/cassandra/default.conf/

Any issues or feedback, please let us know.

-Nate