From Nate McCall <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 rc3
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2010 05:55:14 GMT
RPMs are available via

There have been a few more changes to the package structure since rc2,
primarily to bring the Riptano RPM in-line with the spec file included
in the source tree (see below for details). This should be the last
round of naming and version changes - apologies for any

As with any package, you should test this thoroughly on your own
infrastructure before deploying into production.

- Package name is now "apache-cassandra"
  * Obsoletes "cassandra07"
  * Conflicts 0.6.x versions named "cassandra" (which should be
removed - data directories will remain intact when you do)
- ulimit for unlimited memlock will be added to
- default configuration file copies are now located in

Any issues or feedback, please let us know.

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Eric Evans <> wrote:
> Ho ho holy crap, even on x-mas eve.  That's right, it's 0.7.0 RC #3, and
> now everyone has a little something under their tree.
> Now, if anyone asks, I took the time again to remind you that this isn't
> an official stable release, that there might be bugs, that you should
> proceed with caution, yada, yada, yada.  Just in case they ask...
> That being said, we are getting quite close now, this could (cross your
> fingers) be the final candidate.  You should still exercise caution
> upgrading anything that matters, but now is the time to test.  Please.
> As usual, be sure to read through the changes[1] and release notes[2].
> Report any problems you find[3], and if you have any questions, don't
> hesitate to ask.
> Thanks!
> [1]: (CHANGES.txt)
> [2]: (NEWS.txt)