From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak with Sun Java 1.6 ?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:04:58 GMT
> Memory-mapped files will account for both virtual and, to the extent
> that they are resident in memory, to the resident size of the process.
> However, your graph:

Correcting myself in the interest of providing correct information,
this doesn't seem to be true - at least not always. I don't know
whether it is a matter of different kernel versions or something else.
I have definitely seen Python processes accessing CDB:s having a high
resident amount and seen it creep down again as it is replaced by
other data being paged in, but some Cassandras now running on 2.6.32
don't exhibit this effect.

--
/ Peter Schuller