From Timo Nentwig <timo.nent...@toptarif.de>
Subject Re: Adding secondary index: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:33:39 GMT

On Dec 23, 2010, at 12:34, Timo Nentwig wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2010, at 9:34, Timo Nentwig wrote:
>
>> I was about to add a secondary index (which apparently failed) to existing data.
When I restarted the node it crashed (!) with:

> It crashed because it ran out of heap space (2G). So I increased to 3.5G but after a
whlie it's caught in full GC again. The node holds some 50G of data. So, if 3.5G isn't sufficient,
how do I determine how much memory it's going to need and more important how can I cancel
such indexing if I don't have enough memory available? Or did I hit some bug and should simply
wait for rc3?

The good news: with 3.5G it didn't crash, yet.
The bad news: the node is full GCing for over 1 day now...

Any advice what to do with it?