From Rajat Chopra <rcho...@makara.com>
Subject Unavailable exception with CL.ANY
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:12:00 GMT
Hi!
   I have a 16 node cluster with two keyspaces and several column families within each, all
with RF=2.
All the reads/writes work with all column families but only one of them gives me an unavailable
exception, even with CL.ANY consistency. The nodetool ring shows that three of the nodes of
the cluster are down (they have their disk full because Cassandra runs out of memory and leaves
humongous hprof files).

Anyhow, my question is this - is the unavailable exception being thrown because that particular
column family (with its replica) happened to be stored in the three nodes that were down?
Is there a way to see what keys/cfs are stored in which node(s) of the cluster?

Thanks,
Rajat