From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: If one seed node crash, how can I add one seed node?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:09:24 GMT
You will need to restart the nodes for them to pickup changes in cassandra.yaml

Aaron

On 7 Dec 2010, at 16:32, lei liu wrote:

> Thanks Nick.
>
> After I add the new node as seed node in the configuration for all of my nodes, do I
need to restart all of my nodes?

> 2010/12/7 Nick Bailey <nick@riptano.com>
> The node can be set as a seed node at any time. It does not need to be a seed node when
it joins the cluster. You should remove it as a seed node, set autobootstrap to true and let
it join the cluster. Once it has joined the cluster you should add it as a seed node in the
configuration for all of your nodes.