From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in Beta3 and rc1
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:17:41 GMT
Jonathan suggested your cluster has multiple schemas, caused by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1824

Can you run this API command describe_schema_versions() , it's not listed on the wiki yet
but it will tell you how many schema versions are out there. pycassa supports it.

Aaron

On 09 Dec, 2010,at 08:19 AM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

Please send this to the list rather than me personally.

Aaron

Begin forwarded message:
From: Wenjun Che <wenjun@openf.in>
Date: 08 December 2010 4:35:10 PM
To: aaron@thelastpickle.com
Subject: Re: NullPointerException in Beta3 and rc1

I created the CF on beta3 with:
create column family RecipientChat with gc_grace=5 and comparator = 'AsciiType' and column_metadata=[{column_name:recipient,validation_class:BytesType,index_type:0}]

After I added about 5000 rows, I got the error when querying the CF with recipient='somevalue'
and anotherColumn='anotherValue'.

I tried truncating the CF and it was still getting the same error.

The last thing I tried is upgrading to rc1 and saw the same error.

Thanks