From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Fauna Questions
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 00:57:08 GMT
There is a truncate() function on the ruby api if you require Cassandra/0.7 this can truncate
 all the data in a CF. It will call the truncate function on the thrift api.

I do not know of a precise way to get a count of rows. There is a function to count the number
of columns, see count_columns() on the ruby api. But that is not precise either as that would
require stopping inserts while the count is going on.

The fauna client also has some documentation in the code as comments.

Hope that helps
Aaron

On 15/12/2010, at 4:14 AM, Alberto Velandia <betovelandia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi has anyone noticed that the documentation for the Cassandra Class is gone from the
website?

> http://blog.evanweaver.com/2010/12/06/cassandra-0-8/
>
> I was wondering if there's a way for me to count how many rows exist inside  a Column
Family and a way to erase the contents of that Column Family