From Rustam Aliyev <rus...@code.az>
Subject Re: Cassandra and disk space
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 00:20:01 GMT
Thanks Tyler, this is really useful.

Also, I noticed that you can specify multiple data file directories
located on different disks. Let's say if I have machine with 4 x 500GB
drives, what would be the difference between following 2 setups:

   1. each drive mounted separately and has data file dirs on it (so 4x
      data file dirs)
   2. disks are in RAID0 and mounted as one drive with one data folder on it

In other words, does splitting data folder into smaller ones bring any
performance or stability advantages?