From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in Beta3 and rc1
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 20:43:58 GMT
Can you provide some more information on the request you are sending, if the CF is standard
or super,  and if you have row caching turned on for the CF's. Also if you have started with
a fresh data directory or migrated data from b3 to rc1.

There is an execution path in ColumnFamilyStore the looks like it could lead to this but it
seems unlikely to execute...

- line 1430 in scan calls getColumnFamily() does not check the result for null. Passes that
to ColumnFamilyStore.satisfies()
- line 1105 in getColumnFamily() calls cacheRow() if the row cache has capacity, if cacheRow
returns null getColumnFamily() returns null
- line 1082 in cacheRow() will return null if getTopLevelColumns returns null

But it's hard to see how getTopLevelColumns() returns null