From Kevin Irwig <kevinir...@yahoo.com>
Subject atomicity
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:02:21 GMT
Hi,

Say I have two processes on separate machines, and a Cassandra cluster over
several machines. If the first process writes (insert) to a column while the
second process reads (get / get_slice / get_range_slices / others?) from that
column (say the consistency level is QUORUM if that makes a difference), is the
write "atomic", or could the second process get corrupt (half-written) data?
What if Cassandra is not a cluster, but runs on a single machine? I'm currently
using version 0.6.3, but the question is general.

Hope I'm not repeating a question that's been answered. Thanks for your help.

cheers,
Kevin.