From mck <...@apache.org>
Subject nodetool can't jmx authenticate...
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:57:44 GMT
I'm starting cassandra-0.7.0-rc3 with jmx secured by adding JAVA_OPTS
 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/somepath/jmxpassword

But then i can't use nodetool since it dumps

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Credentials
required
> 	at com.sun.jmx.remote.security.JMXPluggableAuthenticator.authenticationFailure(JMXPluggableAuthenticator.java:193)
> 	at [snip]
> 	at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.connect(NodeProbe.java:118)

Adding "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file" to nodetool doesn't help...

Is there any support for nodetool to connect to a password authenticated jmx service?

~mck

--
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is
a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein