From Roland Gude <roland.g...@yoochoose.com>
Subject strange issue with timeUUID columns
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:18:48 GMT
Hi,

I am experiencing a strange issue when using TimeUUID as columnkeys.
I am storing a number of events with timeUUId as key in a row. Later I try to query for a
slice of that row with a given lower bound timeUUID and upperBoundTimeUUID (constructed as
described in the wiki)
If I inserted the events in ascending order everything goes well
If for some reason I insert the events in random order (which may very well happen in a concurrent
scenario) and I later query for the data (even with much more tolerant bounds) I get no data
back.
Furthermore if I wait for some time (about 15 minutes seem to be sufficient) I can query the
data again.
The Cassandra I use is a single node 0.7.0-rc2
I am querying with hector.

Has anyone else experienced such issues?
Can someone think of an explanation for this?

Kind regards,
roland

--
YOOCHOOSE GmbH

Roland Gude
Software Engineer

Im Mediapark 8, 50670 Köln

+49 221 4544151 (Tel)
+49 221 4544159 (Fax)
+49 171 7894057 (Mobil)

Email: roland.gude@yoochoose.com
WWW: www.yoochoose.com<http://www.yoochoose.com/>

YOOCHOOSE GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Uwe Alkemper, Michael Friedmann
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Köln HRB 65275
Ust-Ident-Nr: DE 264 773 520
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln