From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Data management on a ring
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:17:32 GMT
If I understand your correctly, you just want to add 8 nodes to a ring that already has 2 ?

You could add the nodes and manually assign them tokens following the guidelines here

I'm not sure how to ensure the minimum amount of data transfer though. Adding all 8 at once
is probably a bad idea.

How about you make a new cluster of 8 nodes, manually assign tokens and then copy the data
from the 2 node ring to the 8 node. Then move the 2 original nodes into the new cluster?

Hope that helps.

On 10 Nov 2010, at 20:56, Jean-Yves LEBLEU wrote:

> Hello all,
> We have an installation of 10 nodes, and we choose to deploy 5 rings of 2 nodes.
> We would like to change to a ring of 10 nodes.
> Some data have to be replicated on the 10 nodes, some should stay on 2 nodes. Do you
have any idea or documentation pointer in order to have a ring of 10 nodes with such data
repartition ?
> Thanks for any answer.
> Jean-Yves

View raw message