incubator-cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra - python communication problem
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:19:57 GMT
python_cassandra-0.6.1 sure doesn't look like a package I'd expect to
work with 0.7.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Dr. Andrew Perella <ajp@eutechnyx.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan,
> So it looks like the python bindings are using a deprecated non framed protocol. Leaving
that problem aside for a moment I changed the server to work in non framed mode and now get
a different error:
>
>
> vu@vs001:~/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3/interface/gen-py/cassandra$ Cassandra-remote
 -h localhost:9160 describe_keyspace systemTraceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/bin/Cassandra-remote", line 5, in <module>
>    pkg_resources.run_script('python-cassandra==0.6.1', 'Cassandra-remote')
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 461, in run_script
>    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1194, in run_script
>    execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/Cassandra-remote",
line 204, in <module>
>    pp.pprint(client.describe_keyspace(args[0],))
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
line 1006, in describe_keyspace
>    return self.recv_describe_keyspace()
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
line 1030, in recv_describe_keyspace
>    raise TApplicationException(TApplicationException.MISSING_RESULT, "describe_keyspace
failed: unknown result");
> thrift.Thrift.TApplicationException: describe_keyspace failed: unknown result
>
> Any ideas?
> Cheers,
> Andrew
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Ellis [mailto:jbellis@gmail.com]
> Sent: 09 November 2010 17:56
> To: user
> Subject: Re: Cassandra - python communication problem
>
> You're using an unframed transport to talk to a framed server, or vice versa.
>
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Dr. Andrew Perella <ajp@eutechnyx.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>>
>> I have been trying to connect to Cassandra 0.7.0-beta3 via python to no
>> avail:
>>
>>
>>
>> vu@vs001:~/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta3/interface/gen-py/cassandra$
>> Cassandra-remote  -h localhost:9160 describe_keyspace system
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>   File "/usr/local/bin/Cassandra-remote", line 5, in <module>
>>
>>     pkg_resources.run_script('python-cassandra==0.6.1', 'Cassandra-remote')
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 461, in
>> run_script
>>
>>     self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1194, in
>> run_script
>>
>>     execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/Cassandra-remote",
>> line 204, in <module>
>>
>>     pp.pprint(client.describe_keyspace(args[0],))
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
>> line 1006, in describe_keyspace
>>
>>     return self.recv_describe_keyspace()
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_cassandra-0.6.1-py2.6.egg/cassandra/Cassandra.py",
>> line 1017, in recv_describe_keyspace
>>
>>     (fname, mtype, rseqid) = self._iprot.readMessageBegin()
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/protocol/TBinaryProtocol.py",
>> line 126, in readMessageBegin
>>
>>     sz = self.readI32()
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/protocol/TBinaryProtocol.py",
>> line 203, in readI32
>>
>>     buff = self.trans.readAll(4)
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TTransport.py",
>> line 58, in readAll
>>
>>     chunk = self.read(sz-have)
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TTransport.py",
>> line 155, in read
>>
>>     self.__rbuf = StringIO(self.__trans.read(max(sz, self.DEFAULT_BUFFER)))
>>
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Thrift-0.2.0-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/thrift/transport/TSocket.py",
>> line 94, in read
>>
>>     raise TTransportException(type=TTransportException.END_OF_FILE,
>> message='TSocket read 0 bytes')
>>
>> thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException: TSocket read 0 bytes
>>
>>
>>
>> I get similar errors for all queries.
>>
>>
>>
>> I cannot work out what is going wrong here. Can anyone help? (I need many of
>> the functions only added in 0.7)
>>
>>
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied
>> and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to
>> or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal
>> liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English law.
>>
>> This email has been scanned for all known viruses by www.epagency.net.
>>
>> www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322
>
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Ellis
> Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
> co-founder of Riptano, the source for professional Cassandra support
> http://riptano.com
> This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Email Protection Agency.
> This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to or from Eutechnyx is intended
to give rise to contractual or other legal liability, apart from liability which cannot be
excluded under English law.
>
> This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Email Protection Agency. http://www.epagency.net
>
>
> www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322
>



-- 
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
co-founder of Riptano, the source for professional Cassandra support
http://riptano.com

Mime
View raw message