From Narendra Sharma <narendra.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject batch_mutate vs number of write operations on CF
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:58:31 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cassandra 0.7 beta3 and Hector.

I create a mutation map. The mutation involves adding few columns for a
given row. After that I use batch_mutate API to send the changes to
Cassandra.

Question:
If there are multiple column writes on same row in a mutation_map, does
Cassandra show (on JMX write count stats for CF) that as 1 write operation
or as N write operations where N is the number of entries in mutation map
for that row.
Assume all the changes in mutation map are for one row.

Thanks,
Naren